Hawaii Five-0 star, Jorge Garcia has been praised not only for his acting skills but also for his amazing weight loss journey. The 47-year-old actor changed his eating habits after being asked to lose some pounds for his role in Lost.
We absolutely admire Jorge Garcia for his roles in Hawaii Five-0 and Lost, but also because he has been promoting a healthy lifestyle through his weight loss journey!
The 47-year-old actor who has been in constant demand ever since he appeared on television, has become a role model for people who would like to lose weight before encountering health issues, and the fact that he has lost weight in the past few years is something that his fans find inspirational.
For many years Jorge Garcia was described in the media as “the largest member of the cast of Lost” due to his size, which is something that at some point became a huge concern not only for him, but also for his friends, family, and even co-stars. That’s when he decided to change his daily habits to have a healthier lifestyle and also to avoid health problems like diabetes.
Jorge Garcia Was Asked To Lose Weight After Being Cast In Lost
Nowadays, we are very used to seeing stars do whatever it takes to look fit and “perfect”, but, indeed, some of them don’t really pay attention to that, which was Jorge Garcia’s case.
In general terms, the Hawaii Five-0 and Lost star has remained healthy but he struggled with food addiction, which was actually why he gained a lot of weight, nearing 400 lbs. (181 kg), according to an article published by the Dailyhawker. His destructive eating and drinking habits were pretty much controlling his life.
But everything changed when the Nebraska native was asked to lose weight by the Lost production – it was certainly a wakeup call. Jorge, who prefers his name to be pronounced as “Hor-hay”, then began to change his habits with the support of a team of nutrition experts, as well as with the help from workout coaches.The Dailyhawker revealed that as of today, the actor has tried several things like Nooch, also known as nutritional yeast, which is considered to be one of the most efficient ways of losing weight due to its use of deactivated yeast to break down fats.
Hawaii Five-0 Star’s Weight Loss Journey – THIS Is Jorge Garcia’s Diet
Although changing eating habits from one day to another can be challenging and frustrating, such as Jorge Garcia experienced after some failed attempts, once our body gets used to new routines, things can be easier than we think!
According to Jorge’s weight loss tips on the Dailyhawker, the actor, also known as “Hector” in Becker, started to replace greasy foods with fruits and vegetables and gradually made the transition into low carb and high protein foods.
He also quit alcohol and began to work regularly, including some of the recommended exercises to be used alongside the diet like arms circles, push-ups, sit-ups, and jogging or running. The results were simply astonishing!
An Effective Diet For Someone Whose Body Type Is Similar To Jorge Garcia’s
Main Rules: Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, and work out daily.
Things To Avoid: potatoes, beef, butter, bread, cheese, soda, and milk.
- Day 1. Fruits. This diet allows people to eat as many fruits as they want due to the fibrous content that helps to burn fat.
- Day 2. Vegetables – same as with Day 1 but with veggies, either raw or boiled.
- Day 3. Fruits and vegetables with no restrictions.
- Day 4. Probably the weirdest day of the week; people have to have 8 bananas and 4 glasses of milk during the day.
- Day 5. Also a little bit weird yet effective: Individuals are allowed to eat 6 large tomatoes, and fish or chicken breast, or brown rice for vegetarians and vegans.
- Day 6. Chicken breast or fish, or a cup of brown rice with either uncooked or cooked vegetables for vegetarians and vegans.
- Day 7. A cup of brown rice, vegetables and fruit juices.
- Don’t forget to get your doctor’s opinion before trying this or any other diet!