Macaroni and cheese is a favorite recipe for most families, and the Instant Pot makes it all easy to prepare the pasta. In about ten minutes, you can fix a creamy, mouthwatering mac and cheese for your family.
The Instant Pot is a must-have for anyone who enjoys cooking. For example, this mac and cheese cook fast in enough liquid that does not need draining. The only way to make maximum use of your instant pot is to try out simple recipes. But, today, we are all about Instant pot Mac and cheese.
The macaroni and cheese are fantastic, and any family will love and appreciate it. Good mac should be creamy with a perfect flavor, like this macaroni and cheese. The eight quart instant pot will make enough mac for a family of four as a main dish, and there will be a surplus. In this article, we have given the Best Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe.
The Process of making Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- The chicken broth will give you the best flavor when you use it as your cooking liquid. Don’t add salt, primarily if you use the low sodium chicken broth.
- For seasoning, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and hot sauce before cooking. The hot sauce does not make the meal spicy, but it adds a layer of a fantastic flavor.
- To bring out the best taste, mix cheeses like sharp cheddar and mozzarella. After adding the cheese, stir continuously to make sure it melts well to avoid cheese clumps remaining in the mac.
- Avoid canned milk and use regular milk or whole milk to get the best results.
- 16 Ounces Uncooked Elbow Macaroni
- 4 Cups low sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 -1 Cup Milk
- Add chicken broth, uncooked macaroni, butter, hot sauce, garlic powder, pepper, to your Instant Pot. Use the manual function and cook for three minutes. Release the steam to avoid overcooking your macaroni.
- Add butter, cheese, and milk and stir till all the cheese melts in, then cover the pot and set to sealing. Cook on high pressure and do a quick release of the steam after five minutes.
- Add the necessary seasoning to taste, cook for two minutes, and your instant pot mac and cheese is ready for serving.
- This recipe is ideal for a sixteen-ounce box of elbow macaroni, which equals four cups of a dry measure or 453 grams.
- The above recipe brings out a stringy texture because of the Mozzarella cheese. If the stringy texture is not your thing, use different cheese or cheddar alone. You will add four handfuls of cheese and sir with a continuous stir. Don’t add all cheese at a go.
- It’s not compulsory to use the cheese listed above. You can use your preferred choice.
- Add a ½ cup of milk and only add more if you think it needs thinning.
- Pasta options: If you decide to use different shaped pasta like wholemeal or gluten-free pasta, be keen to know their cooking time.
- Milk options: Decide how creamy you want your mac and cheese! You can use whole milk or evaporated milk.
- Why you need freshly-grated cheese: Most pre-shredded cheeses have a coating that prevents it from melting properly. Buy cheese in blocks then grate it yourself as you prepare the recipe.
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese Recipe
A right combination of cheese is critical to make delicious mac and cheese. A combination of yellow and white cheese make the perfect combo. Cheddar with a medium bite or better sharp cheddar is a signature to good cheese flavor. Add a meltable white cheese to give it a velvety texture. Here is a list of cheeses:
- Monterey Jack
As you cook, add the cheese in handfuls slowly and stir up using a heavy wooden spoon to make sure it melts perfectly. Eventually, your result is a smooth, creamy, and luxurious mac and cheese.
Why evaporated milk is good for Mac and Cheese
Evaporated milk is confusing to make people. If you are wondering if evaporated milk is real, yes, it is real milk. The only difference is that it is the usual milk cow milk that has been cooked to evaporate the water content and extend its shelf-life, making it a ready ingredient.
It is a good creamer for coffee as it is concentrated, and its taste is more substantial than regular milk. In macaroni and cheese it plays a vital role in keeping the cheese from breaking or getting greasy as there is little moisture.
You will not need to drain the pasta since it is mixed into the sauce, which is why you need to use chicken broth. Also, if you are using whole milk, three cups are sufficient, but you add it in bits. You can also make your own evaporated milk by simmering two and ½ cups of regular milk to one cup.
So, if your family loves mac and cheese it is the right time to try our recipe and amaze them. Put your Instant Pot mac to use and make the perfect macaroni cheese as it is impressively quicker and easier to use than the ordinary stove oven.