Mac and cheese is a beloved comfort food that has been enjoyed by people all over the world. For those who are lactose intolerant or have dietary restrictions, making mac and cheese without milk can be a daunting task. However, with the following 5-star recipes and tips, you can make delicious mac and cheese without milk that will be just as satisfying as the traditional recipe.
The Classic Mac and Cheese without Milk Recipe
- – 1 pound of macaroni
- – 4 tablespoons of butter
- – 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- – 4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- – 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- – 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- – 1 teaspoon of salt
- – 1 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
4. Add the flour to the butter and stir until smooth.
5. Slowly add the broth to the butter mixture while stirring continuously.
6. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until it thickens.
8. Add the shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese to the mixture and stir until it melts.
9. Add the salt and black pepper to taste.
10. Drain the macaroni and add it to the cheese mixture.
11. Stir until well combined.
12. Transfer the mac and cheese to a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
13. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
The Vegan Mac and Cheese without Milk Recipe
- – 1 pound of elbow macaroni
- – 1/4 cup of olive oil
- – 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- – 3 cups of vegetable broth
- – 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- – 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- – 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- – 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- – Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
3. Add the flour to the olive oil and stir until smooth.
4. Slowly add the vegetable broth to the olive oil mixture while stirring continuously.
5. Add the nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika to the mixture.
6. Increase the heat to medium-high and let the mixture simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until it thickens.
7. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
8. Drain the macaroni and add it to the cheese mixture.
9. Stir until well combined.
Tips on Making the Perfect Mac and Cheese without Milk
– Use vegetable or chicken broth instead of milk to achieve a creamy consistency in the sauce.
– Add nutritional yeast to your cheese substitute to give it a cheesy flavor.
– Experiment with different types of cheeses. You can use cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, or a combination of cheeses.
– Use gluten-free macaroni if you are gluten intolerant.
– Bake the mac and cheese in the oven for a crispy, golden-brown top.
Making mac and cheese without milk is an easy task that anyone can accomplish. By using the right ingredients and following the steps in the recipes mentioned above, you can make a delicious and satisfying mac and cheese that will be loved by everyone. Whether you are vegan, lactose intolerant, or simply looking for a healthier recipe, these 5-star recipes and tips will help you make the perfect mac and cheese without milk.
Read More: Is Ketchup a Jam?