Air fryers have made our lives so easy. We can now have delicious food without hassle, guilt, or mess. Air fryers not only make your fries oil-free; they can also be used to make delicious and healthy snacks like this Air Fryer Broccoli! This a fairly simple recipe that you can make, to get your kids to eat a Vegetable they despise. This recipe ensures that you get a Crisp Snack, so yummy that you keep going for more! Also, make sure that you read the recipe till the end to get a BONUS TIP!
Before we start on our simple recipe, I need to point out that Broccoli was not my favorite vegetable either. I used to find ways to avoid having it or would end up using it in recipes that hide the taste of it. Generally, kids do not enjoy the texture and blandness of this vegetable. When I happened to read the nutrition information about Broccoli, I realized how immensely nutrient-dense this basic vegetable is. Not only that, but it is also one of the best vegetable sources of fiber to include in your weight loss diet!
With just 35cal per 100gram, this superfood is a great source of Vitamin C. Surprising! Isn’t it? Furthermore, it is also a protein-rich vegetable and is often consumed by people on ‘KETO DIET’, which is a diet within which people consume high fat, moderate protein, and low carbohydrate diet. Even the little amount of carbohydrate Broccoli contains, comes majorly from fiber which also is responsible for a healthy gut habit. Research also shows that broccoli contains sulfur compounds that show anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps in regulating blood pressure! Isn’t this such a miraculous vegetable?
To include anything in your diet, you must enjoy including it in your meal. If you make something tasty enough. You will love to eat it daily!
This healthy recipe guarantees you the taste and also retains the various health benefits! Without further delay, let’s get into it!
Note that it is important to use fresh broccoli for this recipe. The deeper green the broccoli is, the better. Also, I have used organic broccoli in this recipe, but you can use whichever is available to you!
Air Fryer Broccoli
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Total time: 13 minutes
- 1 Broccoli (roughly 500 grams)
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper for seasoning
- Garlic powder to your liking
- Paprika (Optional)
- Parmesan cheese (Optional)
How to Make Air Fryer Broccoli?
- Wash broccoli with clean water and cut it into small florets
- Leave the broccoli to dry on a paper towel, to lose all extra moisture. DO NOT hurry this step, or would result in a soggy Air Fryer Broccoli.
- After the broccoli dries, add it to a bowl and add 1tbsp of Olive oil and toss the pieces around to make sure olive oil coats the broccoli florets well
- Add the rest of the oil after the first mixing to cover any missed pieces, this step is crucial. The more evenly the broccoli pieces are coated, the better they’ll be seasoned and air fried.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika, and Garlic powder over the broccoli florets and give it a good mix. Make sure that the seasoning is evenly mixed.
- Transfer the contents to the Air Fryer container
- Air-fry the seasoned florets for 4 minutes
- Take it out and stir it, letting steam escape
- Cook for 4 more minutes in the air fryer
- Take it out and plate it. You can garnish it with some Parmesan cheese if you would like to. you can serve it hot or cold with any creamy dips!
You can also make an easy-to-cook batch for later. To do this you can stop after Step 7 and proceed to spread the florets on a cool-lined baking tray. Once they have cooled down you can put them in an airtight Ziplock bag and freeze them for later.
Whenever you wish to make them, you need to simply unbag the florets and put them in the air fryer directly, and cook for an additional 5 minutes to also defrost the florets. These turn out crispier than the freshly made batches!
This recipe has become one of my favorite snack recipes. It is very easy to make and the crispiness is indescribable! A healthier alternative to so many fast foods, it is full of taste. An easy and scrumptious swap with your daily munchies, you can also make and store a batch that lasts three days in an airtight container! You can also air fry other vegetables like beetroot, carrot, asparagus, and okra, like this!
Do try our recipe for the best air fryer broccoli; it is easy and crispy. And tell us in the comments how you liked our recipe and the compliments you received! also, tell us if you like your Air Fryer Broccoli with or without the Parmesan cheese! Is there any other easy snack that you have made? Do let us know more about it. You can also drop a comment about recipes that you want us to share. Thanks for reading the article! Keep following our website for more such interesting recipe ideas!
READ MORE: How to Make Homemade Garganelli Pasta [step by step]